36. Blow out any dust from the camera body
cavity with a blowers bulb. The filter/CMOS assembly will now
be placed back into the camera body. Place the CMOS assembly unit
onto the three springs, by lining up the holes in the assembly
frame with the black plastic pins next to the springs. Be
careful because the springs are loose and may fall over. Return
the three screws with the Torx driver to their original positions
using one of the methods you used in STEP #17G. Place a drop of
glue over the head of each Torx screw, to keep the screws from
turning out of position.
37. Install two screws as shown for ground
straps and place black tape over left screw:
38. Connect white pull-out connector to circuit
board and slide in until fully seated. Place black fiber optic
cable into its white connector. Slide it all the way in using
tweezers. When inserting the circuit board note the routing of
the ribbon cables. The circuit board rests on alignment pins.
39. Connect ribbon cables J, K & L into
their hinged type connectors. Be careful of the large black capacitor
and getting shocked. Connect all remaining labeled ribbon cables
to circuitboard as labeled below.
40. Install five screws as shown below to
secure the circuit board:
41. Push top of camera back down until it
snaps in place. Place camera front piece back onto camera body.
Start a the top and the bottom will snap into place as it slides
over the metal tripod mount socket.
42. Install two screws above the lens mount
and one screw below the lens mount as shown below:
43. Install two screws on bottom of camera
44. Install diopter adjustment screw and cam.
The cam is keyed with a wide key and a thin key, so make sure
to align it properly when installing.
45. The back of the camera is now connected
to the camera body with this last ribbon cable:
46. Close up the camera by sliding the camera
back fully onto the camera body. Install two small screws as shown
along with plastic port cover and rubber piece:
Now continue to the next page
for the final re-assembly steps that are the easiest part of the
Next Page - Camera Re-assembly beginning at Step 47